Undead, Infected, or Just Plain Cursed?
So . . . you think you know zombies. Are you sure? You want to be certain about something like chopping off an arm after a crazy person gets bitey, and it would be most unfortunate if you were looking out for the walking dead when a little kid with a fever lunged for your brains. If only there were a guide to all this stuff!
GURPS Zombies aims to please. It goes into detail on all kinds of zombies -- undead and living, slow and fast, supernatural and superscience, and more. Its pages include:
- A rules-free survey of zombies by fictional and folkloric origin, physical and supernatural type, and dramatic role.
- Systematic guidelines for creating custom zombies to surprise your players.
- Ready-to-use examples for the zombie-master in a rush: B-movie and fantasy undead, living-but-infected crazies, necromancers' pets, science experiments gone horribly wrong, surgical constructs gone disturbingly right, and many others.
- Rules for topics dear to the zombie-lover's heart: horde management, splatter and contagion, cures, and even inventing new kinds of zombies!
- Information for those who must confront zombies, including gear recommendations, rules for avoiding infection and simply surviving, and templates for survivors, zombie-hunters, and zombie-makers.
- Advice on using all this in any genre. Who says zombies are only for horror?
Get ready for the time of your life -- or unlife, if need be. Every zombie fan will find something to cackle about here! GURPS players get the bonus of detailed rules and stats to tell them exactly how hosed they'll be when the zeds turn up on their doorstep.
Written by Sean Punch