It's Hellish but It's Home
Civilized society is a thing of the past. Murderous creatures lurk around every corner. Even the environment itself seems out to get you. The worst thing you can do is travel into the wastes unprepared. The only way to survive is to know what hazards you'll be facing and how to overcome them. And GURPS After the End 2: The New World has everything you need to:
- Create a unique and exciting setting by just answering a few questions about the apocalypse. After that, let this supplement do the heavy lifting of generating hazards and threats specific to your campaign!
- Show players what traits are vital in this new world, so that their heroes -- whether created with GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders or something else -- can survive and thrive here.
- Deal with the common challenges of a post-apocalyptic world, using quick-play rules to find food, navigate ruins, scavenge for gear, fix equipment, survive firefights, make friends, and more. (And grab Pyramid #3/88: The End Is Nigh for even more threats!)
- Learn about the unique hazards specific to certain apocalypses. Face toxic chemicals, deadly weather systems, plagues, bizarre gangs, mutated animals and plants, nanobots and robots, paranoid paramilitaries, radioactive craters, or zombie mobs -- though usually not all in the same game!
- Ensure that everyone has the same expectations for the game, builds wastelanders who can work together, and feels useful and productive in every session.
Knowledge is power -- and this is true whether you're fighting androids left over from the Great Human-Robot War, slaying zombies spawned from the glowing meteor that hit Earth, or trying to survive the hyperstorms and neo-druidic gangs now that Mother Nature has declared war on humanity. So think of this as your atlas to the wasteland, helping you live another day as you explore this dangerous new world!
Written by Jason Levine