New Heroes for a New World
They say that life used to be easy, back before The End. People were civilized, food was abundant, and freakish monstrosities weren't trying to kill everyone. That all sounds so utopian, so peaceful . . . so boring!
GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders lets you create bold adventurers who journey forth to explore and thrive in a post-apocalyptic world. Written by Jason "PK" Levine (creator of the GURPS Monster Hunters series), this supplement has everything you need to get started:
- Eight 150-point templates, each with enough key choices to ensure that even similar heroes have their own niche. Build a party of four scavengers if you wish, without stepping on each others' toes.
- Six 50-point lenses, so you can crank up the power level with even more options for customization. Are you experienced? Fast? Learned? Heck, in a high-powered game, maybe you're all three and more!
- Optional rules for mutations that twist people in interesting, potentially useful ways. Every mutation increases your Freakishness, however, setting you apart from humanity.
- Simplified rules for fatigue, starvation, dehydration, and radiation. These key genre elements are streamlined here to focus on the important effects, with minimal bookkeeping.
- New equipment and supplies useful for anyone traveling through the wastes, along with rules for gear in a world where Wealth doesn't exist and the tech level is "complicated."
Just add the GURPS Basic Set -- and perhaps Pyramid #3/88: The End is Nigh -- to create heroes ready to conquer the wastes or die trying. It's a rough world out there, but the Wastelanders are ready for it!
Written by Jason Levine