Rules Made To Be Broken!
GURPS is designed to be the game system you want it to be, with a plethora of possibilities and options of all types. But sometimes, you want to push the system to strange new places. Sometimes you want to be radical or experimental. This issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is for you. This month's theme is Alternate GURPS II -- a sequel to the wildly popular earlier installment. This month's highly optional boundary-breaking brilliance includes:
- "The Last Gasp," an extensive overhaul of the core Fatigue Point system. Hit your wall more gracefully with systems for long-term fatigue . . . and use the new Action Point system to influence your moment-to-moment actions!
- "From Skills to Advantages," a new system by GURPS mastermind Sean Punch that lets you add limited cinematic feats to your realistic campaigns. Discover abilities such as Healer's Touch or Eye of the Arcane!
- "Colorless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously," a radical skill-based alternative to the core languages system for GURPS. Written by Roger Burton West (author of GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live), this feature includes an extensive table that showcases the relationships between every modern language with more than 3,000,000 speakers.
- "Tactical Mass Combat," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. These rules transform the system from GURPS Mass Combat into a counter-based, wargame-style tactical experience.
- "Abstract Wealth," which transforms the core GURPS rules for dealing with money into a fast-paced Wealth attribute. Roll to see if you have the funds for that big purchase!
- "Appendix Z: Survivable Guns," another David Pulver-penned tweak that looks at firearm damage. Maintain some realism while making it more feasible to survive without being draped in bulletproof armor.
This Pyramid also presents creepy-eyed aliens in Murphy's Rules by Greg Hyland, plus Steven Marsh's niche-protecting Random Thought Table. GURPS is only limited by your imagination -- and this month's Pyramid will push your imagination to new heights!
/ David L. Pulver
/ Roger Burton West
/ Steven Marsh
/ Douglas H. Cole
/ Jason Brick