The Tweak-ist Link
When it comes to helping craft exactly the kind of game you want, GURPS has choices galore. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is dedicated to optional tweaks and techniques that shake up the system, adding new possibilities or challenging the underlying assumptions of the game. This issue's molecular manipulations include:
- "Alternate Spaceships," a look at modifications to the wildly popular GURPS Spaceships system. Written by that series' mastermind, David Pulver, this feature includes interesting tweaks, new systems, variant design features, and more.
- "A New Take on Grappling," a radical revision that unifies and expands the grappling system from the GURPS Basic Set and GURPS Martial Arts. Get hands on!
- "When We Were Very Small," an examination of the smaller side of GURPS. This "little" tweak includes a big table of over 100 tiny troublemakers.
- "Extreme Damage," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. What happens when people, objects, and explosions get really big?
- "Ten Tweaks to Customize Combat," a handful of new and expanded options for when baddies bring on the battle.
- "A Deck of Dice," which replaces the fundamental resolution mechanic for GURPS with a simple suggestion . . . thus opening up new possibilities!
- "Armor Revisited," a look at how to introduce variability to the defensive side of the fray.
This Pyramid also presents Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, a GURPS-flavored Murphy's Rules, and more. With this issue, we encourage you to break the rules!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
David L. Pulver
/ Steven Marsh
/ T Bone
/ Mark Gellis
/ Douglas H. Cole
/ Ken Clary