Butcher, Baker, Candlestick-Maker
Society is built on the backs of people who gather resources and turn them into food, shelter, and finished goods. Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics looks at the lot of ordinary TL0-4 folk -- much of which is of concern to adventurers, too! Contents include:
- Food. How to gather and prepare it, whether you're raising crops or hunting game on the way to your next adventure.
- Domesticated Animals. Stats for common beasts as sources of both labor and food.
- Big Machines. Costs, weights, and performance figures for heavy construction and industrial equipment.
- Manufacturing. Work out how long it takes to make that nifty new sword and how much it costs -- and learn secrets that would make it better!
- Construction. Detailed rules for erecting buildings of all sorts, from log cabins to Gothic cathedrals.
- Transportation. Guidelines for hauling and shipping almost anything, with stats for low-tech merchant vessels.
- Occupations. Details about many common jobs, complete with new Professional Skills and practical advice on thriving as a merchant.
If you're not satisfied with fantasy worlds where nobody gets his hands dirty and everything is for sale at the market, then Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics is for you.
Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics is a supplement to GURPS Low-Tech. The information on manpower, manufacturing, and resources would be useful in any campaign that values historical realism.
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.