You Can Do Anything!
Magic is a creative force, and those who can harness its full potential can change the universe. This is the core of GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic, a complete, stand-alone, and self-contained magic system for GURPS. Designed to emulate the magic of real-world traditions and popular books, movies, and television shows, this framework permits practitioners to cast improvised spells, elaborate rituals, and everything in between. This supplement empowers you to:
- Master the traits necessary to become a Ritual Path magician, from specialized advantages to the core and Path skills behind every spell . . . or alter them to fit your campaign needs.
- Learn how to craft rituals to produce the effect you want with the skills you have, and what can help or hinder you when gathering the energy to make the ritual work.
- Acquaint yourself with the benefits and pitfalls of various methods for making spell-casting easier, including charms, elixirs, grimoires, places of power, enchanted items, and more.
- Discover ways to modify the basic system, how to combine it with other magic systems, what awful things happen when you mess up a spell, and exactly what you cannot do with Ritual Path magic.
- See how the system works with over 80 sample rituals that cover all the major effects the average caster relies on, such as healing, injury, communication, and protection.
With this system, you can augment the arcanists of the GURPS Monster Hunters series (or other modern-day magical myths), wend new ways for wizened wizards, and provide new possibilities to power for any setting. With GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic, where there's a will, there's a way!
Written by Jason Levine