An Institute of Flyer Learning
The university represents the formative years in the lives of many -- and that can go doubly so for mages! GURPS Locations: Worminghall describes one such institution, ready to serve as the focus for adventure and excitement in any fantasy world.
- Learn about the real-world historical workings of a medieval university -- where classes were held, who taught them and how, and who took them. Understand the curriculum and the specific steps in mastering lessons.
- Discover the town where this magical institution of learning is located, including the vagaries of local politics, life for ordinary citizens, and the methods for dealing with civil disorder. Uncover specifics with the supplied GURPS City Stats details and a timeline that will prove edifying for potential students and teachers.
- Explore the town and its suburb through descriptions of key locations and their more noteworthy personalities, including GURPS modifiers for finding each place. In addition to obvious establishments -- such as taverns and shops -- the supplement reveals several secret spots and notes about a mystery beneath the campus itself! It provides two maps of the town and its environs: one marked for the GM's reference and one unlabeled for maximum freshman frustration.
- Meet several of the most prominent scholars and townsfolk of Worminghall, with key GURPS stats. Get details on their backgrounds, personalities, and even a few secrets.
- Find tips for adding Worminghall to your favorite medieval campaign -- including GURPS Banestorm -- plus several sample encounters that the GM can use once the locale is in place.
- Get insight into the new variant magic system introduced in this supplement: image magic. Learn which spells are available, which are modified, which are forbidden, and how to gain and use image magic.
The forge that forms many a mage's backstory no longer needs to be relegated to the margins. With GURPS Locations: Worminghall, you can learn the secrets of the universe in the morning and take a tavern trip with friends in the evening. Class is about to begin!
Written by William H. Stoddard