Isles of the Mighty
Standing stones. Headhunting and human sacrifice. Lusty kings and cattle-raiding queens. Naked warriors painted blue. Mysterious druids and crafty Sidhe. The Celtic world was full of strange enchantments and bloody battles.
Enter a world of feasting and fighting, where magic is everywhere and glory is everything. In this book you'll find:
- Tales of the ancient Irish and Welsh heroes.
- A wealth of Celtic character types, with plenty of new advantages and disadvantages - including gesas, the mystic prophecies and taboos that ruled the life and death of every Celt.
- The Druids: their arcane teachings and enigmatic magic. A new Druidic tree-magic system, including the standard GURPS spells and new Celtic ones, grouped according to ancient natural categories.
- The uncanny powers of the Sidhe, children and fathers of gods, and rules for creating characters with Faerie blood and powers of their own . . .
- Willful weapons, magical and powerful, with their own personalities and motives.
Return to a time when a battle or a wonder was around every corner, and the Otherworld was only a step away . . .
Written by Ken Walton / Jo Walton