The Greatest Hero of the Hyborian Age Was a Barbarian: Conan of Cimmeria!
Black-haired and sullen-eyed was Conan, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth. Cycles of legend revolve around his name, glimpses of a world before history, where evil wizards performed dark sorcery, and where the fate of an empire turned on the strength and skill of a single sword.
GURPS Conan lets you enter the Hyborian Age, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles across the stars . . . Zamora, with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery; Zingara with its chivalry; Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs; Hyrkania whose riders wore steel, silk, and gold; and powerful Aquilonia, the proudest kingdom of the world.
GURPS Conan includes:
- A gazetteer featuring the people, customs, laws, religion, and mysteries of 34 lands in the world of Conan.
- A bibliography of Conan stories: names, races and nationalities, places, and more.
- Maps and historical information for the entire Thurian continent, from the isles of Antilla to the coast of Khitai.
- Spells of the Hyborian Age, including the enchantments of the mysterious Black Ring and the potent sorceries of the Book of Skelos.
- Rules for generating Hyborian Age characters.
- Advice on running a Hyborian Age campaign and how to roleplay the non-human races, including Degenerate Men, Serpent People, and Satyrs.
- GURPS stats for characters from the Conan saga, including Conan, Bêlit, and Thoth-Amon.
Based on the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard, L. Sprague de Camp, and others.
(This is a digital reprint of a GURPS Third Edition product. GURPS Magic for Third Edition is also helpful, but not required.)
Written by Curtis M. Scott