The Future is Yours!
GURPS Space is the star-spanning sourcebook for GURPS - now revised and expanded for its third edition. In the 160 pages of GURPS Space, you'll find:
- Scientifically accurate and up-to-date rules for creating star systems and planets . . . either randomly or to fit a specific campaign.
- Detailed guidelines for creating futuristic and alien governments and societies.
- An informed look at the technologies of tomorrow: what will be, what might be, and beyond!
- Character-creation resources for space campaigns, featuring 24 character types, three variant human races, and four alien races.
- A full science-fiction equipment list, including weapons, gadgets, and medical technology.
- Realistic treatments of the dangers of noxious atmospheres, crushing gravity, vacuum, radiation, and other hazards of space travel and exploration.
- A self-contained, GURPS Vehicles-compatible starship construction system, covering TL8 (just around the corner) to TL13+ (superscience).
- Complete ship combat rules - no ship counters, just roleplaying - for playing out ship-to-ship battles.
GURPS Space does not tie your game to a single background. Rather, it is designed for the creative GM who wants to develop his own universe! This book presents a wide variety of choices and background information to let you recreate your favorite science-fiction background - or build your own.
Years in the making and now extensively revised and updated, GURPS Space is a survey of the whole space-adventure genre as it relates to roleplaying. If you're ready to create your own future . . . it's yours.
Winner of the Origins Award for Best Roleplaying Supplement of 1988!
Written by Steve Jackson / David L. Pulver / William Barton