The Other Frontier
As humanity reaches to the planets, a last frontier remains on Earth. The oceans contain immense wealth, and the freedom to pursue it. Governments, corporations, political idealists, and outlaws are staking their claims in this realm. There are oceans on other worlds too: Europa, Mars, Titan -- all unique and full of possibilities.
Transhuman Space: Under Pressure describes the oceans of the 22nd century, from the teeming seas of Earth to the most hostile liquid environments of the solar system . . .
- The history of the oceans of Earth, from the collapse of the fisheries to the colonization of the deep.
- The ocean environment: how it has changed, and how it affects everyday life.
- Elandra, the largest aquatic habitat, and many others around the world.
- Organizations ranging from biotech giant GenTech Pacifica to the terrorist groups fighting oceanic development.
- The oceans of Europa, Mars, and Titan, where the environments and impact of humanity are vastly different.
- New character templates, including new parahumans, bioroids, cybershells, and uplifted animals designed for underwater life.
- Modular design rules for aquatic vehicles, compatible with the system in Transhuman Space: In The Well.
Transhuman Space: Under Pressure examines the other frontier of the 22nd century. Transhumanity is heading out into the cold, airless void, but it all began down here with warmth and water.
Return to the Womb of Life.
Written by Constantine Thomas, David Morgan-Mar, and Kenneth Peters.
First Edition, First Printing
Published September 2003