The Past Is Back, Better Than Ever!
Olden times come to life with new gaming goodness! This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- once again revisits the past, with fresh opportunities to discover intriguing treasures to enliven your pre-modern gaming. This month's timeless tome contains:
- "The Broken Blade," an optional look at weapon quality in GURPS. Douglas H. Cole -- author of GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling -- shows you how to ramp up the table's tension with the threat of a shattered sword . . . and the possibility of repairing it.
- "Purveyors of the Priceless," a set of new possibilities that let you explore life as a low-tech trader in GURPS. Now you can barter for some loose gems, use new perks to help you flex your mercantile might, and even have a full-time job as a trader.
- "Medieval Sea Trade," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. Sail the oceans in search of cargo and passengers, with a system adapted from GURPS Spaceships 2: Traders, Liners, and Transports.
- "Knowledge Is Power," a look at those who kept the Chinese bureaucracy working. Your guide, Matt Riggsby -- co-author of GURPS Low-Tech -- shows what's required to enter the halls of power . . . including how to cheat your way in!
- "The Music Maker," a primer on the master artisan known as Stradivarius. Discover the history of this unparalleled craftsman (with GURPS stats), revel in the insight about his legendary violins, and unleash the included story possibilities on your heroes.
- "Tempered Punks," presenting some ideas for keeping would-be inventors from being too innovative in bygone days, from GURPS Crusades co-author Graeme Davis.
This issue also unveils a vignette by Pyramid Editor Steven Marsh set in the new Car Wars universe, and a Random Thought Table that gives you permission to break reality. This month's Pyramid shines such an inspiring candle on times gone by, you just might say this is an illuminated manuscript!
Written by Douglas H. Cole / Matt Riggsby / David L. Pulver / Christopher R. Rice / Graeme Davis / Jon Black / Steven Marsh