Tap The Power Of The Spirit!
Heroes and villains are often made of sterner stuff than the rest of humanity. They've got fortitude. They've got style. Most of all, they've got spirit! This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- looks at the power of the spirit, and how it can be used for good or nefarious purposes. Our soulful selections include:
- "Blessed Be," an extensive deconstruction of the Blessed advantage from GURPS guru Sean Punch, with lots of ways to refine its scope and abilities. Now you can become Angel-Blooded, a Wilderness Guardian, or a Speaker for the Gods . . . or countless other options you can build and use yourself!
- "Clerics of Order and Chaos," which adds factions of Order and Chaos to the eternal crypt-crawling struggle of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. Invite to your party an unholy warrior of order, a chaos druid, and much more!
- "The Voice of the Moon," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Spaceships author David L. Pulver. Learn the secrets of a 17th-century cult, the details of its modern reconstruction, and the powers of the Moorstone (with GURPS effects). Defeat these guys, or become members (or former members) . . . and, no matter what, keep reaching for the moon!
- "Cursed Thou Art," Christopher R. Rice's in-depth look at the Divine Curse disadvantage, and how it can be reused or reformed in new and terrifying configurations. Become a Marked One, endure Cassandra's Dilemma, or speak with the Rhymer's Tongue . . . or apply these rules to unleash curses on others!
- "Secrets of the Universe!" is a religious organization that promises to unlock your inner potential. Is it too good to be true, or the dawn of a new era? The choices are yours, with a small add-on from Pyramid editor Steven Marsh that offers to include the abilities of GURPS Psis in many different settings.
This issue also unleashes a Random Thought Table that looks at maintaining and controlling the unbelievable, plus Odds and Ends featuring a Murphy's Rule that's too cruel to be kind. Regardless of how you harness the power or peril of the spirit, this Pyramid will give you a faith lift!
Written by Sean Punch / David L. Pulver / Christopher R. Rice / Steven Marsh / Cole Jenkins