These Are Fighting Words!
One of the joys of RPGs is the ability to solve a whole range of problems with good old-fashioned battle. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- looks at matters great and small, past and present in relation to GURPS combat. This action-packed issue includes:
- "Combat Writ Large," a detailed compilation and expansion of all things size-related, from GURPS guru Sean Punch. Finally, the rules you need to battle giants, dodge deadly face-eating aliens, or grapple gremlins are in one place!
- "Low-Tech Armor Loadouts for the New World," a peek behind the curtain at GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor from that supplement's author Dan Howard, plus new historical armor loadouts covering Spanish conquistadors, Shoshone warriors, Aztec war leaders, and more.
- "Ancient Egyptian and Roman Armies," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from author David L. Pulver, adding to his GURPS Mass Combat with two detailed real-world forces of interest to historical or time-traveling heroes: armies of the Egyptian New Kingdom and early Imperial Rome.
- "On Target," an optional mini-supplement from Douglas H. Cole (GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling) that adds choices, strategies, and new rules to the venerable Aim maneuver. Take advantage of an All-Out Aim, use a Quick Aim technique, or roll on the Aiming Critical Success Table!
- "It's a Threat!" -- a guide to determining how deadly GURPS Dungeon Fantasy monsters are (with all Dungeon Fantasy critters up through Pyramid #3/76: Dungeon Fantasy IV). See each creature's Offensive Rating, Protective Rating, and Combat Effectiveness Rating, or calculate ratings for your own monsters. Never deliver too small a threat or too great a danger to those meddling heroes . . . unless you want to!
This issue also presents a Random Thought Table with tips for speeding up combat, plus Odds and Ends featuring a Murphy's Rule whose aim is true. Whether you're a Bronze Age general, a modern-day sharpshooter, or a designer of deadly dungeons, this Pyramid helps you fight the good fight like never before!
Written by Sean Punch / David L. Pulver / Douglas H. Cole / Dan Howard / Christopher R. Rice / Greg Hyland / Steven Marsh