Nature Is Magic!
Arcane forces can be pretty wild . . . and the wilderness can be pretty arcane! This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- looks at how the natural and supernatural collide . . . for good and ill. This preternatural publication presents:
- "The Magic Desert," a sandy site to explore (or escape). Written by GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality author Matt Riggsby, it includes detailed information on this location's landscape, flora, and fauna -- including GURPS stats for a half-dozen threats for fantasy heroes to encounter.
- "Magic of the Shaded Woodlands," a new GURPS magical style for the dark elves of GURPS Banestorm (or any tree-tending terrors). It provides new spells, full GURPS stats for one such practitioner, and more.
- "Ars Metallica," an expansion of GURPS alchemical ideas from GURPS Thaumatology: Chinese Elemental Powers author William H. Stoddard. Tap the potential of mercury, tin, lead, and other metals, with 40 new effects.
- "Dark of the Woods," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Banestorm: Abydos author David L. Pulver. This systemless adventure outline has the heroes involved in the intrigues of a wealthy merchant's daughter and a nature-worshipping cult.
- "Green Power," a collection of 14 forest-themed abilities using the GURPS Powers framework, from Locations: St. George's Cathedral author Michele Armellini.
- "Designer's Notes: Wilderness Adventures," Sean Punch's behind-the-scenes look at GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures. This feature describes new Dungeon Fantasy lenses for the elemental druid, high druid, and life-force wizard, plus lots of other breathtaking bits.
This month's Pyramid also offers a Random Thought Table that looks at how to ramp up the power of nature-minded mages, plus an Odds and Ends that reveals ways for keeping them under control. The natural world can be a magical place, and with this issue of Pyramid, you'll see the forest for the trees like never before!
Written by Michele Armellini / Steven Marsh / David L. Pulver / Sean Punch / Matt Riggsby / Paul Stefko / William H. Stoddard