The Laws of the Universe Are Magical!
Mystic circles, arcane pacts, and fundamental forces you don't want to defy -- such are oft the ways of magic. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- presents a look at magic where doing the impossible means following the rules . . . and sometimes bending them, if you can get away with it. This spellbinding issue includes:
- "Alternative Ritual Path Magic," an incredibly meaty supplement of optional possibilities for GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic. Learn how to combine Ritual Path magic with other GURPS systems, including Book magic, Divine Favor, effect shaping, realms, symbols, and much more. This supplement-sized feature is sure to offer untold opportunities for practitioners of Ritual Path Magic!
- "Ritual Path Specialists," new rules that make Ritual Path Magic magicians specialists in their arcane arts . . . written by that supplement's author (and GURPS guru), Jason "PK" Levine.
- "The Azure Dragon," this month's Eidetic Memory installment from GURPS Banestorm: Abydos author David L. Pulver that details the history and powers of a tome designed to bring celestial enlightenment. For those who dare unravel its secrets, it also describes the occult artifact's GURPS Thaumatology Book magic abilities.
- "Thoroughly Modern Magic," an update of the magical mass-production rules from GURPS Technomancer to GURPS Fourth Edition. Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology!
- "The Material Difference," an optional overhaul of the GURPS item-enchantment process that will have your heroes building magical goodies like never before. These daring ideas -- including a list of sample materials -- were assembled at great risk by the driving force behind GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, Sean Punch.
This month's Pyramid also features a Random Thought Table with ideas on how to make and break laws, plus an Odds and Ends that reveals options and mysteries thought long-buried. It may be a law that magicians never reveal their secrets, but this issue of Pyramid is all about pushing the limits of those laws!
Written by Jason Levine / Steven Marsh / David L. Pulver / Sean Punch / Christopher R. Rice / Paul Stefko