The City: More Magical Than Ever!
Forget the city guidebooks; consult the spell books! This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is another look at tying fantastic gaming to urban environments . . . of the past or present! This issue's contents include:
- "Safe as Houses," a GURPS guide on how to defend structures from paranormal threats. Keep the baddies from violating your domain, or learn how something can become a Bad Place as described in GURPS Horror.
- "Traits for Town," a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy look at character aspects most useful to those who spend more time near the tavern than combing the crypts -- presented by Dungeon Fantasy series architect Sean Punch!
- "Belial's Bastards," this month's Eidetic Memory from David L. Pulver (architect of GURPS Technomancer). This mystical motorcycle gang will terrorize any setting where monstrous riders can harass a town.
- "Hunting the Cabal," a guide to making the villainous organization of GURPS Cabal an integral threat to a GURPS Monster Hunters campaign. It includes fearsome insight into how the Cabal uses the Ritual Path Magic system.
- "The Wraith of Precinct 13," an urban threat that shows what happens when a cop goes to the other side of the law . . . and then goes to the other side of the living!
- "Festivals of the Unknown," a way to add holidays to an urban environment of any era with the roll of some dice.
This month's Random Thought Table shows how magic intersects (or doesn't) with life in the city, Odds and Ends has an adventure that will keep the heroes coming back, and Murphy's Rules throws the book away entirely. With this month's Pyramid, you'll never look at an alleyway the same way again!
Written by Sean Punch / Phil Masters / David L. Pulver / Christopher R. Rice / Steven Marsh / W.A. Frick / J. Edward Tremlett / Jessica Wolfman