Get Ready Today for the Wars of Tomorrow
Alert the troops; we're exiting hyperspace! This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- looks at the future of face-to-face combat. This issue's intel includes:
- "Tactical Shooting: Tomorrow," an optional extrapolation of GURPS Tactical Shooting by that volume's specialist, Hans-Christian Vortisch. Pulling in material from GURPS Ultra-Tech and GURPS High-Tech, this feature looks at all aspects of TL9 tactical combat, including stats for equipment, two new GURPS techniques, and two new gun-fighting styles.
- "Chrome Commandos: TL9 Elite Tactical Gear," an optional collection of new and revised Ultra-Tech fighting equipment, computers, software, options, and more, plus an overview of a basic command vehicle.
- "The Vree," this month's Eidetic Memory by David L. Pulver (author of the GURPS Spaceships series) that presents a new enemy to turn your advanced armies' abilities upon. These fanatical aliens are determined to convert the universe -- by any means necessary! It includes a GURPS racial template, Spaceships info on two of their vessels, and more.
- "Mobile Wormhole Logistics," which describes a superscience Spaceships vessel that will give you the opportunity to shuttle your space marines from point A to point B -- with nothing in between!
- "Future Soldier," a further look at outfitting tomorrow's troops that builds off this issue's tactical considerations. Written by Ultra-Tech co-author Kenneth Peters, it includes a pre-calculated collection of gear in the GURPS Loadouts format.
This month's Random Thought Table ponders the human side of futuristic conflict, Odds and Ends looks to history for science-fiction ideas, and Murphy's Rules is dressed for success. If you're fighting for tomorrow but tomorrow's fighting back, you need this issue!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
/ David L. Pulver
/ Kenneth Peters
/ Steven Marsh
/ W.A. Frick
/ Adrian Tymes