Get Ready Today for the Wars of Tomorrow
Alert the troops; we're exiting hyperspace! This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- looks at the future of face-to-face combat. This issue's intel includes:
- "Tactical Shooting: Tomorrow," an optional extrapolation of GURPS Tactical Shooting by that volume's specialist, Hans-Christian Vortisch. Pulling in material from GURPS Ultra-Tech and GURPS High-Tech, this feature looks at all aspects of TL9 tactical combat, including stats for equipment, two new GURPS techniques, and two new gun-fighting styles.
- "Chrome Commandos: TL9 Elite Tactical Gear," an optional collection of new and revised Ultra-Tech fighting equipment, computers, software, options, and more, plus an overview of a basic command vehicle.
- "The Vree," this month's Eidetic Memory by David L. Pulver (author of the GURPS Spaceships series) that presents a new enemy to turn your advanced armies' abilities upon. These fanatical aliens are determined to convert the universe -- by any means necessary! It includes a GURPS racial template, Spaceships info on two of their vessels, and more.
- "Mobile Wormhole Logistics," which describes a superscience Spaceships vessel that will give you the opportunity to shuttle your space marines from point A to point B -- with nothing in between!
- "Future Soldier," a further look at outfitting tomorrow's troops that builds off this issue's tactical considerations. Written by Ultra-Tech co-author Kenneth Peters, it includes a pre-calculated collection of gear in the GURPS Loadouts format.
This month's Random Thought Table ponders the human side of futuristic conflict, Odds and Ends looks to history for science-fiction ideas, and Murphy's Rules is dressed for success. If you're fighting for tomorrow but tomorrow's fighting back, you need this issue!
Written by Hans-Christian Vortisch / David L. Pulver / Kenneth Peters / Steven Marsh / W.A. Frick / Adrian Tymes