Everything Old Is New Again!
When it comes to getting things done with technology and artisanal efforts, the past isn't what it used to be; it's better than ever! This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is devoted to more gear and know-how of a bygone era. Our tinkerers' trove includes:
- "Lord of the Manor," an exploration of how many households and what crops you need to sustain your Wealth. Composed by Matt Riggsby (co-author of GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics), it uses the GURPS Low-Tech foundation to keep your lands well-tended.
- "Concealed Armor," showing how you can be both discreet and well-protected (with GURPS stats for various hidden helpers). It's written by Dan Howard, the armor enthusiast who brought his expertise to Low-Tech.
- "Low-Tech Armor Design," this month's installment of David L. Pulver's Eidetic Memory. With this optional system for designing donned defenses, you'll be safe from a-sworded threats!
- "The Puckle Gun," a comprehensive look at a weapon that was ahead of its time (with additional GURPS stats), presented by GURPS Crusades co-author Graeme Davis.
- "Delayed Gratification," an optional new addition to GURPS combat that will let you plan a step ahead to smite your foes!
- "Return to Ein Arris," which uses the classic GURPS adventure Caravan to Ein Arris as a great justification to provide a comprehensive guide to caravanserais. Rest and relax in an amazing locale -- complete with map.
The issue includes a Random Thought Table that shakes up the future of the past, an Odds and Ends that shows how worse can be better, and a Murphy's Rules that's sew much fun. You'll be a Renaissance man with this issue!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.