Pick a World, Any World . . .
Humanity has long looked up from Earth at the vastness of creation and exclaimed, "Get me off this mudball!" Pyramid -- the magazine for roleplayers -- is here to help, with an issue devoted to world-hopping: places to go, and how to get there. Your space-age strongbox includes:
- "The Fast Reach," an oft-dangerous cluster of star systems that allows speedy travel between two distant regions, as detailed by Matt Riggsby (author of the otherworldly travelogue that is GURPS Locations: Hellsgate). It includes a system map and tips for how to incorporate it into many types of spacefaring settings.
- "A Song of Many Worlds," an alien method of talking to planets that builds on the GURPS Psionic Powers framework to deliver new abilities, techniques, and a template.
- "Generation Ships," the latest Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Spaceships author David L. Pulver. Learn what can make or break a multi-lifetime trip through space, and unleash new Spaceships rules and guidelines, plus a sample vessel that's in for a long trip.
- "Hyperjumping," an expanded way to use the GURPS Warp advantage to travel to other worlds, by Jason "PK" Levine, Assistant GURPS Line Editor. It provides new enhancements and limitations, plus a new method for using this trans-system ability.
- "The Time Punch," a systemless campaign framework that focuses on a strange -- and potentially dangerous -- machine designed to visit alternate Earths. Ideas for adding this device to GURPS Atomic Horror or GURPS Infinite Worlds campaigns are suggested.
We can't send you traveling without the usual accoutrements! This issue's Random Thought Table considers some possible ways that you can ensure your crew gets to the surface safely -- and a bonus method shows up in Odds and Ends. Don't forget to check on a new installment of Murphy's Rules for something not-so-ordinary. If you're looking for interesting destinations or ways to travel, this issue of Pyramid is out of this world!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.