Good Magicians Never Reveal the Secret
Magic lurks in shadows, and many who practice the impossible do so discreetly. This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is devoted to secret magic and those who maintain the supernatural subterfuge. Our ghostly grimoire includes:
- "Magical Tradecraft," an expansion of the Ritual Path magic system found in GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions. Use these new rituals and elixirs to aid sneaky snoops and obscured assassins.
- "The Way of the Keepers," a new magical style that utilizes GURPS Thaumatology: Magical Styles and focuses on suppressing the secret of magical knowledge.
- "The Street Sign of the Four," a neighborhood of modern-day mages (complete with GURPS stats) that will do anything to guard their terrible secret.
- "Bibliomancy," this month's installment of David L. Pulver's Eidetic Memory. Wizards use books for casting spells; now they can cast new GURPS spells related to books.
- "The First Resistance," a loose alliance of rebel mages (who use another new GURPS magical style) in a kingdom where magical abilities are suppressed.
- "The Accidental Magus," suggestions for creating magic-wielding characters who don't always realize what they can do.
- "The Guard of the Black Lands," an organization in the Middle East that works diligently to protect the world from the darkest magic.
- "Onomancy," a new GURPS method for using your identity to gain spellcasting energy, written by Jason "PK" Levine.
The issue is rounded out with a Random Thought Table that discusses ways of making divination truly useful, William H. Stoddard's concise revelation of a secret path to power that students of the GURPS Locations: Worminghall could discover, plus a Murphy's Rule that's pretty heavy. The secret's safe with this month's magical Pyramid!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.