Do the Impossible . . . Scientifically!
Fire up your Jacob's ladder, tune your theremin, and tell the world that it is they who are mad! This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is devoted to weird science! Our senses-shattering symposium includes:
- "The Power of Weird Science" -- Describes how GURPS Powers can form the basis for your weird gizmos. Written by GURPS Line Editor (and Powers co-author) Sean Punch!
- "Dangerous Concoctions" -- A look at some truly "potent potables" from GURPS Assistant Line Editor Jason "PK" Levine.
- "Red Science" -- This month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. This real-world-inspired Russian armory (complete with GURPS stats) builds off the unbelievable science of "red mercury."
- "Metatronic Generators" -- A GURPS gear-creation system that will let you design all matter of oddness. It unleashes eight impossible items, including the mind-control staff and the ricocheting discus.
- "Fantasy-Tech 2000" -- A more-modern expansion of the oddball ideas from GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality, written by that supplement's author, Matt Riggsby.
- "The Daughter of Necessity" -- Another alternate-invention system that ramps up the power of the core GURPS character-creation options (with eight super-science samples), written by Reign of Steel: Will to Live author Roger Burton West.
- "What Is Weird Science?" -- An examination of the foundations of this brand of innovation . . . including real-world ideas to get you pointed in a weird direction!
- "Appendix Z: Super Costumes" -- An expansion of GURPS clothing options for those who dress to excess.
This issue also features some Odds and Ends that didn't make it out of the lab -- including a scary (or not) Murphy's Rules -- plus a Random Thought Table that looks at how to keep the weirdness under control. With this month's Pyramid, you'll put the "NO!" back in "innovate"!
Written by Sean Punch / David L. Pulver / Roger Burton West / Jason Levine / Christopher R. Rice / Matt Riggsby / Steven Marsh / Cal Godot