Do the Impossible . . . Scientifically!
Fire up your Jacob's ladder, tune your theremin, and tell the world that it is they who are mad! This month's issue of Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is devoted to weird science! Our senses-shattering symposium includes:
- "The Power of Weird Science" -- Describes how GURPS Powers can form the basis for your weird gizmos. Written by GURPS Line Editor (and Powers co-author) Sean Punch!
- "Dangerous Concoctions" -- A look at some truly "potent potables" from GURPS Assistant Line Editor Jason "PK" Levine.
- "Red Science" -- This month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. This real-world-inspired Russian armory (complete with GURPS stats) builds off the unbelievable science of "red mercury."
- "Metatronic Generators" -- A GURPS gear-creation system that will let you design all matter of oddness. It unleashes eight impossible items, including the mind-control staff and the ricocheting discus.
- "Fantasy-Tech 2000" -- A more-modern expansion of the oddball ideas from GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality, written by that supplement's author, Matt Riggsby.
- "The Daughter of Necessity" -- Another alternate-invention system that ramps up the power of the core GURPS character-creation options (with eight super-science samples), written by Reign of Steel: Will to Live author Roger Burton West.
- "What Is Weird Science?" -- An examination of the foundations of this brand of innovation . . . including real-world ideas to get you pointed in a weird direction!
- "Appendix Z: Super Costumes" -- An expansion of GURPS clothing options for those who dress to excess.
This issue also features some Odds and Ends that didn't make it out of the lab -- including a scary (or not) Murphy's Rules -- plus a Random Thought Table that looks at how to keep the weirdness under control. With this month's Pyramid, you'll put the "NO!" back in "innovate"!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
/ David L. Pulver
/ Roger Burton West
/ Jason Levine
/ Christopher R. Rice
/ Matt Riggsby
/ Steven Marsh
/ Cal Godot