The Magic Is Back!
Are you looking for more magic at the gaming table? This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is there for all your eye-of-newt needs. This month we visit the topic of Thaumatology for the third time, with more magical alternates and tweaks to add that spark back into your life. This issue's mana-marinated morsels include:
- "Adelphos Dionysos," a school of magic that follows the form of GURPS Thaumatology: Magical Styles. Written by GURPS giant Sean Punch, this style draws on the power of wine to give its practitioners power sublime!
- "Cultists of the Elder Gods," a look at the followers of everyone's favorite GURPS Dungeon Fantasy freaks. These clerics are quick to prove that madness is a state of mind!
- "Bottled Magic," an expansion of the Ritual Path magic options from GURPS Monster Hunters. With rules for potions, salves, and more, you won't think over these new options; you'll drink over them!
- "Ghoul Magic," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. Discover the GURPS Thaumatology rituals that will let you slake your appetite . . . by giving you a new appetite!
- "The Missioners," a systemless group of mortal minds hoping to bring magic back into the world -- no matter the cost.
- "Magic as Technological Progress," a different way of looking at the core GURPS Magic system. It's like tech levels . . . for spells!
- "Real Weird Books," a primer on the perfect starting points for introducing actual arcane lore into any gaming situation.
This Pyramid also presents a mystifyingly mundane Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, plus Steven Marsh's crackling-fun Random Thought Table. When it comes to Pyramid issues devoted to magic, the third time's the charm!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
/ David L. Pulver
/ Christopher R. Rice
/ Steven Marsh
/ Antoni Ten Monros
/ David Lichtenstein
/ J. Edward Tremlett
/ Rebecca Seidel