Get All Steamed Up!
It was a time when the genius of gears and the power of perseverance seemed enough to shape the world. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- revisits this exciting era, bringing to life the power of "Steampunk." This impossibly imaginative issue includes:
- "Order of Precedence," a look at social hierarchies and their implications in Victorian England. Written by GURPS Steampunk and GURPS Social Engineering author William H. Stoddard, this feature uses the guidelines of Social Engineering to bring interpersonal intrigue to your steampunk world.
- "Across Africa With Iron and Steam," an alternate-history campaign locale that expands the possibilities of the Age of Steam. Written by GURPS Fantasy-Tech 1: The Edge of Reality author Matt Riggsby, this near-historical setting provides info and history on the Trans-Kenya railway, including dangers (human and otherwise) and politics. It also comes with a map as well as GURPS vehicle stats for a personal airship.
- "Necromenschen," a guide to how to give that steampunk style to your zombie invasion. Written by GURPS Line Editor (and GURPS Undead author) Sean Punch, this ghoulish guide gives GURPS details and design options for getting your body moving!
- "The Clankers," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. This adventure outline puts the peace of the city in the heroes' hands, delivering GURPS vehicle and weapon stats for the cogwork creations in the process.
- "A Whisper in the Sky," a look at fantastic gliding innovations for your steampunk campaign. Written by GURPS WWII: Their Finest Hour author Michele Armellini, this one gives GURPS stats for its vehicles as well as optional rules to claim the heavens.
- "The Mohocks," a systemless gang to victimize the Victorian era. It gives their history, motivations, and main members.
This Pyramid also offers the latest Random Thought Table from Steven Marsh's lab, a Murphy's Rules that goes back to the drawing board, and more. There's no doubt about it: This month's Pyramid is our steamiest yet!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
/ Michele Armellini
/ David L. Pulver
/ William H. Stoddard
/ Matt Riggsby
/ Steven Marsh
/ J. Edward Tremlett