The Gear From Yesteryear Is Here!
Sticks and stones may break some bones, but inventors make sticks better! This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is dedicated to technology of old, with a special emphasis on material that builds on GURPS Low-Tech:
- "The Deadly Spring," a detailed optional system that lets you create a near-infinite variety of GURPS bows to your exact specifications. Designed to provide the same level of intricacy and nuance that gun enthusiasts already enjoy, this system uses the included spreadsheet to make creating bows painless for you and painful for the guy on the other end of the arrow. It also features 13 ready-to-use bows, from ancient to modern and everything in between.
- "At Play in the Fields," an expansion of the agriculture and farming rules from GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics. Written by Matt Riggsby (co-author of that supplement and GURPS Low-Tech), these simulationist rules will keep the landowners' assets productive enough to support other interesting projects.
- "Medieval Prisons," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. If you're looking for a place to stay, you could do worse than picking a premodern penitentiary . . . but it'd be challenging.
- "A Killing Breath," expanded rules and options for blowguns in GURPS. Thomas Weigel (editor for several GURPS projects) offers six sizes of blowguns, nine types of ammo, three new perks, and three new GURPS Martial Arts styles.
- "Roman Technology," a look at the tricks and techniques used by the once-great Empire in the third century. Kenneth Peters (co-author of GURPS Ultra-Tech) uses GURPS Low-Tech and its companions to make the era come alive . . . and debunk myths at the same time. It also includes GURPS stats for nine "new" Roman vehicles.
This Pyramid also presents Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, the classic mirth of Murphy's Rules, and Odds and Ends we crammed into the creative catapult. Let the candle of inspiration burn overhead!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.