Monster Killers Versus Killer Monsters!
If you're all out of bubblegum, maybe it's time to kick some monster's aspirations. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is dedicated to the denizens of darkness and those who defeat them . . . especially the champions of GURPS Monster Hunters! This issue's creature features include:
- "Last Stand on Mason Drive," an adventure for Monster Hunters that pits the heroes versus bad guys and good guys! Written by Matt Riggsby (author of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 8: Treasure Tables and others), this tale includes stunning maps of the innocent-seeming site and the lair hidden underneath.
- "Monster Hunter Firepower at the Movies," about the real-world weapons used in your favorite fearsome flicks. Written by Hans-Christian Vortisch (co-author of GURPS High-Tech), this article includes full GURPS stats for more than 20 new weapons!
- "The Horror Out of Dreams," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. It's a mysterious adventure for investigative champions, with GURPS stats for the unexpected threat that's easy to kill but tough to defeat.
- "The Network," a generic organization suitable for modern-day heroes who don't mind being literally called to act!
- "Pulp Hunters!," an extensive guide to translating the templates and tools from Monster Hunters to a bygone era of adventure. Who knew that hanging from a cliff would be the least dangerous part of the hero's life?
- "Inspirational Fiction," Jason "PK" Levine's look at the sources that sparked the soul of the Monster Hunters line -- and which will no doubt prove useful to your gaming as well.
This Pyramid also presents Murphy's Rules from Greg Hyland, and Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table. Attack the night before the night strikes first!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
/ David L. Pulver
/ Jason Levine
/ Christopher R. Rice
/ Matt Riggsby
/ Steven Marsh
/ J. Edward Tremlett