Danger! Danger! Avoid a Void!
From an astrophysical point of view, scientists know what composes 99% of the universe. But what darkness lurks in that remaining one percent? We fancifully propose some possibilities with this month's "Monsters in Space" issue of Pyramid, the PDF magazine for roleplayers. This chrome-curling codex contains:
- "Moondragons and Stranger Things," a look at the dangerous denizens of the Roma Universalis solar system (first introduced in Pyramid #3/20: Infinite Worlds). These 12 creatures have full GURPS stats and are suitable for any setting where unwary heroes can get eaten by giant dragonflies or Martian throat-stabbers.
- "The Angriest Invasion of Earth," a generic campaign threat that posits a galaxy-spanning threat which has set its eyes on our world. You can trust no one -- but paranoia serves its goals, too.
- "A Well-Armed Populace," a first-contact framework that proves an ancient adage: Whenever you meet a monster, the monster has most likely met one, too. This article comes with GURPS stats for the new alien race.
- "In Space, No One Hears Them Crawl," describing three undersized attackers for GURPS who prove that big threats come in small packages.
- "Creatures of the Void," a collection of ideas for how to import the attackers of GURPS Creatures of the Night, Volume 1 and Volume 2. This feature was written by GURPS Assistant Line Editor Jason "PK" Levine, co-author of the Fourth Edition Creatures of the Night line.
This Pyramid also gives you additional excuses for running down corridors: a quick method of generating "mundane" alien threats, Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, and other odds and ends. The stars await -- and they're hungry!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.