As long as there have been dark forces that prey on good souls, there
have been those willing to pray for them. This month's
Pyramid -- the
PDF magazine for roleplayers -- presents new tools and tricks for use by
clerics. This issue includes:
- "Auras of Power," mighty mystical means of empowering friends and
restricting foes. These 17 ready-to-use GURPS abilities are great for any moderate- to high-powered gaming,
and especially well-suited for Dungeon
- "The Sin Eaters," a group of unusual but useful clerics suitable
for any fantasy setting. Their secret history compels them to take on burdens
others dare not touch . . .
- "Warehouse XXIII: Three Holy Artifacts," detailing spiritually
charged objects that can bestow mighty powers -- including the power to cheat
- "Templars: The Fighting Priests," a look at the structure of a
once-feared historical order, with GURPS
details on translating that organization into other settings and
- "The Tricks of the Shaman," a description of the real-world
techniques used by those claiming to contact the spirit world. How do you give
customers their money's worth when dealing with the invisible?
- "Sanctuary and Right of Clergy," an examination of two of the
most popular clerical perks enjoyed by non-clergy in
medieval times . . . with ideas of how to use them elsewhere and elsewhen
(including alternate timelines of the
Infinite Worlds setting)!
You can have faith that Pyramid also has our
standard rituals of fun: an organization system for tracking clerical
Rules with Greg Hyland, Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, plus
other odds and ends. For those heroes who believe in the hereafter, this issue
has what they're here after!