As long as there have been dark forces that prey on good souls, there have been those willing to pray for them. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- presents new tools and tricks for use by clerics. This issue includes:
- "Auras of Power," mighty mystical means of empowering friends and restricting foes. These 17 ready-to-use GURPS abilities are great for any moderate- to high-powered gaming, and especially well-suited for Dungeon Fantasy campaigns!
- "The Sin Eaters," a group of unusual but useful clerics suitable for any fantasy setting. Their secret history compels them to take on burdens others dare not touch . . .
- "Warehouse XXIII: Three Holy Artifacts," detailing spiritually charged objects that can bestow mighty powers -- including the power to cheat death itself!
- "Templars: The Fighting Priests," a look at the structure of a once-feared historical order, with GURPS details on translating that organization into other settings and times.
- "The Tricks of the Shaman," a description of the real-world techniques used by those claiming to contact the spirit world. How do you give customers their money's worth when dealing with the invisible?
- "Sanctuary and Right of Clergy," an examination of two of the most popular clerical perks enjoyed by non-clergy in medieval times . . . with ideas of how to use them elsewhere and elsewhen (including alternate timelines of the Infinite Worlds setting)!
You can have faith that Pyramid also has our standard rituals of fun: an organization system for tracking clerical obligations, Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, plus other odds and ends. For those heroes who believe in the hereafter, this issue has what they're here after!
Written by Steven Marsh / Alan Leddon / Graeme Davis / Antoni Ten Monros / J. Edward Tremlett / Stephen Dedman