This month's installment of Pyramid, the PDF magazine for roleplayers, is entitled Venturing Into the Badlands: Post-Apocalypse. It's 44 pages dedicated to the end times, and includes:
- A description by Peter Dell'Orto (GURPS Martial Arts) and Sean Punch (GURPS Action) of "Deathball," the GURPS sport of the future!
- An Infinite Worlds timeline wracked by nuclear war, written by GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars coauthor Paul Drye!
- A convenience store that survived the fall, conceived by Matt Riggsby (author of GURPS Locations: The Tower of Octavius).
- Two installments of the Omniscient Eye, where real-world questions of interest to gamers are answered by experts! This month, "Does My Nuclear Arsenal Have an Expiration Date?" and "Are Humans a Renewable Resource?"; the latter covers how long it will take humanity to build its numbers again.
- A bleak setting that posits the end times with zombies and other threats, ideas for how to build a campaign around the end times, and more!
In addition, Pyramid continues to present the odds and ends that make a magazine fun, including humor, Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, reviews and recommendations that fit the theme, and a "Last Word," where we ask an industry luminary to pick one word related to the issue's theme. This month, Todd Breitenstein, creator of Zombies!!!, gives the last word on post-apocalyptic gaming.