Land of the Overpower
In the Land of the Overpower,
The Jaws of the Lion
Are the Only Reward
For the Unwary.
Nyambe is a vast land of exotic creatures and wide expanses, where ancestral orishas cry for brave warriors to carve out the hearts of foul mchawi wizards, and where dragon-blooded sei sorcerers once joined the fierce Amazons of Nibomay in the bloody Rebelling Time to win their freedom. This campaign setting for the d20 System brings together high fantasy and African myth, legend, and history.
Nyambe: African Adventures includes:
- Twelve new human cultures and six variant non-human races, like the brown-skinned, tailed Wakyambi elves who meddle in the affairs of men from the depths of the blda Rainforest.
- New PC class variants and prestige classes change druids into n'anga shamen who worship the natural orisha spirits and are as comfortable in the skin of a panther as in humanoid form.
- New skills and feats like Ancestral Blessing, Drum Dancer, Elephant Warrior, and Fire Blood are the heritage of every Nyamban, as well as new weapons, armor, and equipment designed for a climate where the heat of the vast savannah is more dangerous than an enemy's spear.
- Mortals who honor the spirit orisha are granted new spells and domains such as Darkness, Exile, Fertility, Lightning, and Plague.
- Mad mchawi wizards contemplate the contents of mojuba bags to prepare their ominous spells, and new magic items like zombi powder turn fallen warriors into true zombis that keep a hideous memory of their former lives; ritual masks let the wearer become an orisha, and vodou nkisi statues hurl powerful curses at those who dare to use them.
- Creatures never before seen by the men of the tamed north prowl these lands . . . and ravenous beasts of the jungle and desert are only the beginning of the danger that awaits those who walk the continent of Nyambe!
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook.
Written by Chris Dolunt.
Written by Chris Dolunt